Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England – MHFAider Training
I have always been a keen advocate for good mental health and took the decision to train as a Mental Health First Aid instructor with Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England.
Mental Health First Aid training is just like physical first aid but for the mind. It gives first aiders the knowledge and confidence to recognise when someone may be experiencing a decline in their mental health or a worsening of a diagnosed mental health condition.
Studies have shown that early intervention can have a hugely beneficial impact on the successful outcome of a decline in mental health.
So why is it so important to be a Mental Health First Aider?
- 1 in 4 people will experience mental health difficulties in any year
- Poor mental health costs businesses over 70 million days off sick at a cost to the UK economy of £70-100 billion per year!
- The annual cost of mental health-related presenteeism (people coming to work and underperforming due to ill health) is £15.1 billion or £605 per employee
in the UK.
For more details on how we can work together, please contact me using the form below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will work with you and your business to help you:
- confidently offer support to those who are experiencing mental health difficulties
- reduce costs incurred by mental ill health eg absenteeism and presenteeism in the workplace
- improve your understanding of mental health
- reduce or prevent poor mental health
- consulting with you to deliver bespoke training and/or workshops for you, in keeping with your own policies, procedures and training needs, helping you to develop effective wellbeing policies for your business or organisation
- offer individual and group coaching to look at lifestyle habits to improve mental and physical health
- offer open training sessions for individuals to attend
Connect with my MHFA page on Social Media.