Mental health issues are a normal part of life. In any one year approximately one in four people experience at least one diagnosable mental health issue and the World Health Organisation forecasts that by 2030, depression will be the single leading cause of the global burden of disease. The long standing stigma around mental ill health means that many people have a limited understanding of mental health.
Mental Health First Aid is an internationally recognised education and training programme with a core mission of raising mental health awareness amongst the general population. MHFA England’s core aim is achieved by delivering quality assured training programmes that are tried and tested and underpinned by regional, national and global research and evaluation.
By attending the Adult MHFA course, you will learn to:-
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident in how to offer and provide initial help to a person experiencing a mental health issue
- Preserve life where a person may be at risk to themselves or others
- Help stop mental ill health from getting worse
- Promote the recovery of good mental health
- Guide someone towards appropriate treatment and other sources of help
- Understand the stigma around mental ill health
Independent evaluations prove that MHFA works. It provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress. It empowers both individuals and communities to understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and how best to support themselves and those around them in recovery.
The course covers and provides a first aid framework for:-
- Substance misuse
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Building a mentally healthy workplace and community
I hold regular training sessions throughout the UK or, if you prefer, I can come to your organisation and provide delivery in-house. In-house deliveries require a minimum of 8 delegates and all courses have a maximum of 16 delegates to allow the instructor to ensure the emotional well-being of the delegates.
If you would like any additional information, please feel free to contact me on 07790 893 007.